On July 18th, the House and Senate each passed the conference committee’s final FY23 budget bill and it was signed (with limited vetoes) by Governor Baker on July 28th. This bill makes historic state investments in workforce development.
See here for an updated MWA budget sheet with additional details, but some of the highlights in the final FY23 budget include:
- $15M for Career Centers
- $20.4M for Career Technical Institutes (CTI)
- $17M for WCTF
- $27.8M for YouthWorks ($28.5M w/earmarks)
- $8M for Connecting Activities ($8.65M w/earmarks)
- $1M for Learn to Earn
- $2.5M for Manufacturing (EOHED line item)
- $3.75M Re-Entry Demonstration
MWA would like to thank Senate President Spilka, Speaker Mariano, Chairman Rodrigues, Chairman Michlewitz, Chairwoman Jehlen, Chairman Cutler and the entire Legislature for these critical investments in job training and workforce development. Questions about the final FY23 budget? Reach out to Tonja Mettlach at email@example.com anytime.